Monday, March 2, 2009

The Prez is on the Move

February 24th, I had the pleasure of visiting our Westchester section, at the kind invitation of Mr. Frank Mohalley. I got there just in time to be "social" and enjoyed a good meal and invigorating conversation. Then I found out I was going to be a print judge -- a pretty humbling experience when the other judge is Frank Dispensa!

But I survived the night and among other things had the pleasure of helping select the Carol Phillips 2008 print of the year, in honor of our past state president Carol Phillips. The award was presented by her husband, Robert Phillips, to Sheila Gardner.

It was a good night for Sheila -- she took that award, as well as Best of Show, 1st and 2nd place awards for Westchester's quarterly print competition. 3rd place was garnered by Les Howard. Thanks for inviting me Frank!

I have visited some other sections during my term. Last year I visited Southern Tier, actually before I was officially president. I visited Finger Lakes for their summer family picnic, SNAPP for their TEP with Don MacGregor last fall, Greater New York for their excellent Long Island Conference, and Hudson Valley in the fall for their John Woodward TEP. Greater Rochester invited me a couple of times, to include installing their officers in January.

I still need to get to Capital Champlain and Buffalo -- hopefully not on the same night! I have until mid-May as president, so maybe we can work these out after conference.

Have an excellent day! See you at conference!

No comments:

Post a Comment